Share root folder of USB drive

• Guys,

I analogize if this question was already answered but I couldn't find the answer. I'd like to have access to a USB device via SMB/CIFS. Plug the device in, mount it. The go to shared folders. But here I can only share each individual folder on the USB drive but not the entire USB drive as one file system. Basically I'd like to share "/" rather than "/folder1", "/folder2", ...

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
    Michael

• Yes, this would work but I am sure my friend wouldn't like me changing his folder structure. Again: is there a way to share the root folder?

• Lol... just type in folder name "/" and you share the whole drive...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• So... you cannot do what I can do? (attachment)

Greetings
    David

• Can I fly like superman? Sure I can.

It works. Thanks!

PS: I tried \ which just created a \ directory. Me dummy. Why is / not offered in the drop down list?

• You're welcome. ;)

I can't tell you why / isn't offered, but feel free to fill a feature request/bug report on the bugtracker. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!