wakeonlan doesn't work

• Hey,
    I've installed openmediavault on a modifiedThecus N4200Eco NAS an it works realy good.
    For example the raid-config from the Thecus System was directly visible in the RAID-Menu of omv.
    My problem is now, that wakeonlan doesn't work.
    When booting the orginal thecus system it was no problem, but after booting OMV there is no wol usage anymore, so it must be a problem with the softwaresystem of omv and not a bios setting.
    The checkbox in OMV was set so I think this shouldn't be the problem.
    I think it could be a problem with the network driver, but as far as I remember both cards are Intel 82574L Gigabit network cards...
    LSHW shows:

Anyone know a solution for this problem?
    Greetings Hexcode

• Have a look at the following link, should give you some hints. (adding to the interface file, worked for me)

https://wiki.debian.org/WakeOnLan

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Check if ethtool is installed, of course.

Code
    apt-get install apt-get install ethtool

Also, whats the output from the following command:

Code
    ethtool eth0 | grep Wake-on

My network interface config:

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Code
    root@NAS:~# ethtool eth0 | grep Wake-on
            Supports Wake-on: pumbg
            Wake-on: g

Interfaces:

The NAS is connected via eth0

• Try this:

Zitat

Interfaces:

And:
    Please have a look at /etc/init.d/halt and make sure this is enabled:

Code
    NETDOWN=no

This has to be "no"

• Zitat von "Solo0815"

Try this:

Hmm, my system (Whitebox PC, not a Thecus) has:

Code
    NETDOWN=yes

and WOL "usually" works...
    I say "usually" - I thought that it definitely was working until I came home last night and couldn't wake up my NAS :evil: - so I'll try this too on my NAS.

Getting back to the OP issue, are you saying that the original Thecus OS/firmware was using e1000e_82574, or OMV?

According to this, the e1000e driver *should* be ok:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.c…817&lang=eng&wapkw=82574l

Perhaps try using this latest driver?

Also - as silly as it sounds - try using the other NIC port (I'm just looking at Google images of the unit and noticed it had 2 NICs)... I remember an old PC I had (years ago) would only WOL from one NIC, not the other...

I would also recommend taking a look at this:
    http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup

I'm guessing that most settings should be already done, but it might at least help confirm that the problem is OS/driver related rather the config related.
    One final point - I noticed that with my BIOS, having "RTC Wakeup" enabled prevented WoL from working - ok, I know your BIOS had WOL working with the Thecus OS, but it's worth checking...

Oh - just thought... are there any BIOS updates available for it???

• As far as I see there aren't any BIOS-updates or settings for wol :( Second NIC doesn't work - I've tried both.

The e1000e_82574 was used at the original Thecus OS, so I think they edited something on it. Seems to be version: 1.1.2-NAPI

Seems I have to install another PCIe X1 card to get it work or I have to use the crappy Thecus OS.
    I think it could only be a problem with the debian System or something like that - I've read somewhere, that it could be an ACPI problem and the solution there was to use APM instead. But when I tried to disable ACPI in grub the system won't boot up -.-

-> /sys/class/net/eth0/device/power/wakeup is empty in my case - as listed here http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN it should be enabled -> but when I try to change it the system don't save it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!