What's the deal with Monit?

• I'm curious to know if this is normal or not, as it seems like it really isn't.

This started happening to me yesterday, after I triggered an XBMC library update, which as far as OMV is concerned, starts I/O on the file systems and MySQL.

They're all " Description: 'localhost' loadavg(5min) check succeeded [current loadavg(5min)=2.0]"

or

Description: loadavg(1min) of 4.5 matches resource limit [loadavg(1min)>4.0]

Any way I can change this behavior so that I don't get 50+ e-mails per night? Is it really tripping over a 4% load average?

Here's a screenshot of what I woke up to this morning. This is my general inbox, not a filtered list of Monit-only mails.

• You can set thresholds under System | Notification | Notifications. Other than that, the messages just tell you that the load is higher than your threshold.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

You can set thresholds under System | Notification | Notifications. Other than that, the messages just tell you that the load is higher than your threshold.

Greetings
    David

Thanks David.

I did look inside notifications and I have the ability to toggle them on and off, but I can't find anywhere to adjust any thresholds.

• Oh... hadn't looked at it lately. Then you need to set the thresholds manually in /etc/default/openmediavault, but I don't know the variables right now...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• How can i access monit via browser from other clients in the network?

If i change the monitrc (afaik the line with "allow admin:monit"), i can access the webinterface but i got other errors...

HP ProLiant N54L | 16 GB RAM | 4x4TB WD Red RAID 5 | ESXi 5.5 | OMV 2.1.x 64 bit

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Oh... hadn't looked at it lately. Then you need to set the thresholds manually in /etc/default/openmediavault, but I don't know the variables right now...

Greetings
    David

Cool, no problem. I'll take a look online and see what I can change, I just didn't want to fuss with anything that could end up being an problem later on.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!