Only install OMV GUI? Server admin web frontend?

• I want to setup a small energy efficient LAMP server which could do a few things for me. It is planned as an always-on solution.

I think that it would be nice to have the OpenMediaVault GUI in addition to the normal stuff. I want to use either Debian or Ubuntu LTS. Since OpenMediaVault is based on Debian and Wikipedia tells me that OMV runs almost completely without altering standard Debian libraries I wondered if it's possible to somehow only add the GUI stuff.

Actually, I'm searching for a server web frontend that does a bit of administration stuff and that I can reach via web when I'm not at home (restarting daemons, looking at ps output, adding users, etc.) without the need for SSH, ... plus that provides a web file manager interface.

The server's main purpose is running my self-made PHP applications, a carddav and caldav server + web frontend, webmail, bookmark sync, XMPP server, photo gallery, synced notes, etc. But since I have a 120 GB SSD inside I want to use that space for other things too.

Is there a way with OMV or should I use some other server administration and file manager web frontend? If so, can you give me any recommendation?

Thank you in advance!

• oO... OpenMediaVault is literally just a WebGUI for any alle the services it offers. So just try it... Remember to use Debian Squeeze for OpenMediaVault Sardaukar.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!