all of a sudden I don't see OMV from the network places

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Try to disable (apply) and enable (apply) Service Discovery for SMB/CIFS in the WebGUI under Network | Service Discovery.

Nope, didn't see to help.
    Thank though.
    John

• Restart your Windows machines too.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• need a little help, I can't seem to see my OMV install via windows at all. Running Kralizec 1.06 with 3.14 i386 kernel.

I can ping it, DNS resolves the OMV hostname just fine too.I have SMB enabled as well as the discovery service, but while at the console when I issue that command to show the status of nmbd it returns as "unrecognized service"

I've disabled, applied and then re-enabled and applied SMB, same for the discovery process. Rebooted OMV as well, but something is off.

Code
    root@intel:~# service nmbd status
    nmbd: unrecognized service

however this returns..

Code
    root@intel:~# service samba status
    nmbd is running.
    smbd is running.

what else can I try or check?

• They have been combined and there is just one init script now (samba). You will get unrecognized service if you query smbd as well.

Did you try unplugging any routers/switches on your network for 10 seconds?

• Somtimes routers and switches can get hung up and the broadcasting does not work. So unplugging them for 10 seconds might be the solution. Report back. There should be a check mark in set as local master browser but that has nothing to do with your issue.

• okay it's been a while since I've been able to check on this, by unplugging the router for about 5 minutes, then back on.

I still don't see the omv system let alone any of the smb share. I can ping the omv system just find.

but I can't access any smb shares (from windows client) from system name or system IP address. I can quiery and see that smbd and nmbd are running.

I'm not sure what else I can do here?

• Windows Firewall? Wouldn't be the first one that blocks CIFS/SMB connections.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Actually I have windows firewall completely disabled and my network type is set to work or private. I used to have samba installed along with webmin (and functional via windows) before I removed webmin and samba just before I installed OMV.

Now I can't seem to have any smb shares show to be visible under OMV. This is a clean installation so I could blow it away if necessary, but there should be a way to start fresh if that would help. So far I can't seem to figure this out.

• I ended up resolving the problem by deleting my user account in OMV (same windows credentials) and then re-creating the same user account with completely default settings in OMV. I suppose I had in-correct or conflicting security settings? I thought that I had used the same settings as before from a different .5 OMV install but I must have been mistaken.

Either way after re-creating the user account then the SMB shares were visible and accessible just as they should have been.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!