nginx plugin on .6 and pool settings

• good afternoon,

I am using nginx on omv.6 to surface up a PHP enabled website.

heres the odd behaviour,

i create a pool (to enable PHP) and select a newly created user account to run the pool under and as soon as i hit save it wipes out the OMV gui (nginx bad gateway when going to the omv web admin)

why is this happening?

ps. if i uninstall the nginx plugin via ssh then normal web gui access is returned.

thanks

Dan.

• Bad gateway means that php5-fpm probably isn't running. It should test for bad configs and fail if there's a bad one. Could you paste your configs for //services/nginx and //services/phpfpm located in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml ?

Also include all the /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/{uuid}.conf files :)

Edit: Oh right, have you tried editing the server? There's been some changes there too so it may be that it's referencing a non existent fpm pool.

• I would purge it with apt-get purge openmediavault-nginx . That's probably easier and gives you a clean slate :)

• Ok, Purged and then Reinstalled. Next added a user called "pool" and added rights via priviledges to the sites shared folder.

enabled nginx, went to the pool tab and added a new pool. selected the new user "pool" and selected display errors. hit save and apply and then boom "an error has occurred"

hit refresh and get "502 bad gateway" nginx error on the webui. this still happens after clearing cache and closing browser!!!

logs below.

conf files (note plain text passwords have been obscured in this file)
    NOTE:: ATTACHMENT REMOVED NOW FIXED...

not sure where the //services/nginx files reside (can you elaborate) ...

thanks

D

Zitat von "subzeroin"

Bad gateway means that php5-fpm probably isn't running. It should test for bad configs and fail if there's a bad one. Could you paste your configs for //services/nginx and //services/phpfpm located in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml ?

Also include all the /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/{uuid}.conf files :)

Edit: Oh right, have you tried editing the server? There's been some changes there too so it may be that it's referencing a non existent fpm pool.

• Haha, sorry. I meant the <config><services><phpfpm>config</phpfpm></services></config> part of the config :) But you gave me the whole config so it's fine. The problem is that the group for the pool is root (I hope that at least). By default using root isn't allowed or recommended. Change it to something else (users maybe?) and try again :)

(I should probably remove root from the list in some way)

• Good!

Also good that you removed the config ( noticed that ssl keys were in it :) )

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!