Volume connected by ISCSI to Windows Storage

• Hi,

I've made available to a Windows server 2008 R2 a volume (NTFS) created on OMV and connected by ISCSI to the server, well what I need to know and would like to see is the information of that volume (ex: size, free size, etc..), I cannot find any information (Dashboard, System Information | Status, File systems) of the volume except on the Raid Management where I see a Raid5 Volume created. Maybe this is a missing feature, I know NTFS is not a native format for linux but if we can share volumes by ISCSI to Windows and they natively use NTFS, why not have this information on OMV GUI?

Thanks.

• A iSCSI volume is a single file, that represents the block based volume.

The nature of such a volume is, that you cannot see details of such a volume like size, free size etc. Those information are part of the inner structure of that volume, written by a windows server and you would have to mount it to see that information. As you typically mount that volume somewhere else (on a remote host), you do not want to mess around with the volume on the iSCSI volume server.

There is only one information that could be available:

Size of a iSCSI volume.

If you start asking how much space is available in the volume, you already struggle, cause it depends on partitions and file systems inside the volume. And if you want to know what the free space in the filesystem is, you need to ask the filesystem, but that cannot be done, cause this volume is in use.

So unfortunately, that will not work.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• Ok, now I understand!

There's no way to see for example some other information about that iSCSI volume?
    I've an old EMC AX150i connected at this same Windows Server and I can see on the EMC Gui for example were the volumes are registered (server name initiator/registration, if different partitions are created I can see them all) and if this server is down I can see the status of the connections to the volumes, I think this information could be relevant if we could see it on OMV iSCSI plugin.

Thanks.

• I never used it on OMV and tested it ... but the plugin does not show you that information.

Maybe that is a good featurelist for further development and I believe the system does know that status (on cli), but it is currently not featured into the plugin.

• The developer of that plugin ist votdev himself (the overall developer of OMV). I believe if you simply give a good example of what you like to see, it can be considered. There is no official feature request forum yet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Generally, Volker likes feature request to be entered into bugtracker.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!