aufs can't mount with udba=notify

• I know this was mentioned earlier in an other thread, but it went a different way, and i also didn't want to necro it.

I am on 0.5.49, with backport kernel.

If i set udba=notify in aufs plugin, mounting it fails and i see "aufs au_opts_parse:1103:mount[3143]: wrong value, udba=notify" in dmesg. Is this something the plugin maintainer or votdev can fix? If not, then i think this control should be turned off in the plugin, or at least a warning should be given in the information tab.

In the aufs documentation, i see

Zitat

To use this option, you need linux−2.6.18 and later, and need to enable CONFIG_INOTIFY and CONFIG_AUFS_UDBA_INOTIFY.

Does this help in any way? I unfortunately don't know what are these options. I don't know enough of linux. :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you trying to manually set it or using the checkbox for UDBA in the plugin? It works for me. What is the output of:

cat /etc/fstab

I am the maintainer of the plugin by the way.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I used the checkbox in the gui.
    I changed the fstab manually, but not those entries within the >>> [openmediavault] part. Then i rebooted and after that it didn't mount the poolshare.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thought I had tested it with that option before but I guess not. The right module is not enabled in the debian kernel. I guess I will remove the option from the plugin. Leaving it checked should work though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!