BTSync basic setup

• I've got two OMV (V0.5.53)servers in different locations and would like to use BTSync to keep a few folders synchronised (funnily enough!)
    Assumed I needed to assign a fixed listening port so I can port forward traffic from router to OMV, setup the same on the other server but copied the shared secret... But doesn't seem to be synchronising. Would welcome any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong here :)

• I saw the other thread but didn't have time to respond, but I can as well respond here :)

It's weird that it doesn't work. Although I have only done this in a LAN so I can't say that I have any experience outside that. If both servers have a share with the same secret it should work. But maybe the logs could tell you something? The latest update moved stuff around so the log should be located in /var/lib/openmediavault-btsync/sync.log.

Edit: Sorry, missed the 0.5 version. Log is in /home/btsync/.sync/sync.log

• I also have UPnP errors but they doesn't seem to matter. But on line 3689: Error while adding folder /media/213a7cba-f8b5-4481-a18c-2826463f1fff//Movies/aa_test: Don't have permissions to write to the selected folder.

Check the permissions :) The versions in OMV 1.0 use the Btsync API to manage shared folders so it warns about it directly. I'm not sure that deleting shares really works too. If I have time I'll backport the new version.

• Switched off UPNP, and then looked at the permissions.

Added new shared folder (Test_OMV2), modified ACL to read/right for Owner/Group/Others (so should be allowing everything access)
    Did this on both servers, and still no sync. Logs now only show the following, and havent updated since I made the change:-

Code
    [20140804 19:42:46.915] total physical memory 536870912 max disk cache 2097152
    [20140804 19:42:46.916] Using IP address 192.168.0.35
    [20140804 19:42:46.916] Loading config file version 1.3.106
  • That's weird. Oh, this is hard to debug and I'm tired :lol:

Hm.. you could try this and see what happens: 1. Delete all shared folders from the plugin and disable btsync. 2. Delete the /home/btsync/.sync directory and enable btsync in OMV. 3. Try adding a shared folder and see what happens.

I don't know if UPnP is an issue, but try with it both on and off.

• Tried that on both servers (disabled service, deleted shared folder, removed the .sync folder), not syncing so I rebooted one of the servers. Logs attached. Thanks for your help

• I've tried creating new shares on both servers, disabling BTSync service on both, deleting the contents of the .sync folder, ensuring the new shares have open read/write permissions, adding the BTSync folders - but still no job. Latest logs output below. Any thoughts?
    I'm happy to completely uninstall the BTSync plugin & re-install....

• I wonder what version of btsync is this, i would love to use a private cloud and bittorrent sync is really good for this.
    According to ovm-extras see below the version is 1.0.10 on Kralizec but version 1.4 is already out, can we get the plugins updated.

What's new in 1.4:
    http://sync-help.bittorrent.co…2902-introducing-sync-1-4

openmediavault-btsync
    Version | Repo: 0.5.7 | sardaukar-btsync
    Version | Repo: 1.0.10 | kralizec-btsync
    Source: link
    Maintainer: subzeroin
    Description: BitTorrent Sync plugin for OpenMediaVault.

BitTorrent Sync lets you sync and share files and folders between devices, friends, and coworkers.

• Offizieller Beitrag

btsync is the package with the program.
    openmediavault-btsync is the plugin for the OMV web interface that allows you to setup the btsync program.

You can use btsync without the plugin but the plugin cannot be used without the program.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!