Degraded Array - LVM drives causing a problem

• Hi guys

I am pulling my hair out.

The situation is this, I have 3 x 2tb drives for Raid 5, then i used LVM to "merge" 2 x 1tb to make the 4th 2tb drive for the raid5.

It creates and everything is perfect, UNTIL i reboot. it then degrades and has lost the LVM merged drive in the array.
    Under LVM in the webgui it all look fine, its all there???

I have deleted the VG and recreated it and recovered the array and rebuilt it (took forever). Then rebooted and the same thing happened again.

Please could someone help me out here, have lost 2 days of work trying to sort this sh*t out.

Thanks.....

• What model are your hard drives?

crisman: We now have labels which MUST be used whil creating threads so that everybody knows which version the thread is about.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• not sure if this will help, dm-0 is my lvm device:

• <p>Hi Tekkbebe</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Doesnt seem to be the issue, it is very short and simple.</p>

<p>As you can see everything seems to be in order, no errors anywhere, it just doesnt appear in the array for some reason?</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>I am considering shrinking the array to just 3 x 2tb and then adding another 3 x 1tb array, then LVM on top of that.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

• Why complicate everything? Just use AuFS instead, if you want one big hard disk.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• ok, so i am in the middle of shrinking the array, then will create 2 separate ones as David suggest in another post of my originally (should have taken your advice off the bat, but didnt want to lose that last TB).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!