Calibre Plugin - source vs calibre-bin.deb

• I have been looking over some of the design of omv and curious why the calibre plugin installs calibre from scratch rather than installs the calibre-bin.deb.

Several places it states that OMV is a configuration and interface layer over upstream debian. This seems at odds with installing software from source when a package is available.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The version of calibre in the repo is very old. Do you ask because of your calibre not starting issue? I haven't had that problem. I will have to check into it tomorrow.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Mainly I was interested in the reasoning behind your decision to build.

But, yes I am having trouble running the calibre plugin on small arm devices. I am testing Raspberry Pi, BeagleBoneBlack, and a Zyxel nsa325. However, I do understand if these devices are outside of OMV's device target.

• Offizieller Beitrag

They should work just fine with OMV. What is the output of: service calibre start

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Offizieller Beitrag

I read it. That doesn't tell me the output of the command though.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!