Backup Setup & Configuration Advice

• I am really happy with my NAs using OMV and moved to it because of a disaster i had with my Ubuntu desktop and loosing all my data with the 14.04 update. Now i have almost everything the way i want it, i need to avoid another disaster like what got me started with OMV.

On my OMV box i have a 3TB data drive, 250GB system drive and 4TB USB drive.
    On the box i am running mysql, plexmedia server and shares for windows/linux clients.

I want to have on the USB drive;
    - emergency restore of omv system
    - emergency restore of ubuntu client and data
    - emergency restore of windows 7 client and data
    - regular backup of mysql databases

data on the nas is in the form of two types, static media (movies, music, pictures) and shared data

What would be the best tool / combinition to ensure all the above can be done?
    So far, i have setup the USB Backup to backup the Media & Home folders.

thanks for suggestions

• You can check Ahsay Software for online backup. I am currently used this software and Ahsay Backup Software comes with dedicated backup modules for backing up VMware ESXi (both paid and free versions), Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange Server DAG, Microsoft Exchange Server database, Microsoft Exchange Server individual mailboxes, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL Database, Oracle Database, Lotus Domino / Notes, Windows System and Windows System State. I hope this will work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!