Time Machine Quota

• Just realised that my TimeMachine share is now stealing 1.4TB disk space! I've adjusted the share to give it 500GB but will time machine auto sort this out, or will I have to cleanup somehow?

I've just been wondering the exact same thing!
    I didn't want to set a quota lower than the current used TM space, incase it messes things up.

• Well as stated in the initial post I've already set this to 500GB, I asked if I would need to clean up... for those interested I've been monitoring the usage, and it looks like Time Machine decreases it's size over time, so in 23 hours I've gone from 1.3T to 976G, hoping that in the next couple of days this will drop down to the 500G I allowed.

• Ah sorry. I somehow overread that. Yes, It should automatically shrink to the set size. (Deletes two older backups, makes just one new)...

Btw. if you want to clean up by yourself:

• Open Time Machine application when the Finder application is in the foreground.
    • Navigate to the backup to be deleted double clicking on the corresponding position of the ruler on the right side of the screen.
    • Right click with the mouse on the empty space in the Finder.
    • Select Delete Backup.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!