OMV+Mythtv+XBMC+Android

• Hi Experts,

I'(coming from the world of DOS, GEM, Win and so on.) d like to build a NAS/HTPC combi as a headless server in the basement of my house using some elderly hardware on stock.
    During the last month of almost exclusive dedication, I figured out, that a combination of Android/Win7-laptop remotely controlled XBMC (Frontend), Mythtv (front- + backend mostly for live TV + timeshift) and Openmediavault (NAS) for data synchro with the other Windows-machines in my VPNned lan between Austria and Germany would be the appropriate choice for me.
    I've been fighting with FreeNAS, NAS4free and I'm convinced, that OMV is a super solution - congratulations to the team!!!

As I was diving into OMV I found the VDR-plugin, but could not make it talk to XBMC.

Fighting with console and VPN-Desktop in parallel on my laptop, I have installed Mythbuntu sucessfully on an old P4 in the basement and even made it to connect xbmc frontends + Android in my lan. Perfect!

Afterwards I have sucessfully installed Debian wheezy in a different partition and openmediavault (NAS) and Mythtv on top (even VPN is working).
    I feel definitivly unable to configure all the nice addons starting with Mythweb or the lan-streaming plugin (export?) as a 3 weeks day and night linux newbee.
    Neither would I like to invest weeks of efforts for every new update arising in the future.
    Mythtv without -buntu: I have been struggeling with different datasets(1307/1375?) on the backend solving by just changing the SQL to 1307 not solving the dataset mismach with XBMC??? and mythweb is just an empty page with 2 nicely coloures stripes at the botom... Positively: Front-+Backend are running on the same P4-PC producing live tv pictures!

Now my questions:
    Has anybody already installeb Myth backend as a plugin within OMV?
    Has anybody already installed the Mythbuntu control center and init system on a wheezy system?
    I think, this integration of the different components of Mythtv could be the missing link for my solution.

I'm aware that it sounds more like a challenge from the Myth side and I have posted a similar one on their forum but for me both packages (NAS + TV) are equally important.
    Thanks a lot for your advise
    Regards Thomas
    (Sorry for my german english..)

PS: if I can't get it figured out, plan "B" will be a mythbuntu + samba solution

• Did you use this repo?
    http://deb-multimedia.org/

Hast du das repo genommen? Weiß nicht, ob das mit XBMC/Kodi funktioniert, da ich kein MythTV benutze, sondern nur das VuPlus-backend.

• Have you or anyone been successful installing myth-tv backend on OMV. I relly don't want to destroy my set up if conflicts come up. I have not been able to make VDR work with ATSC so this seemed like the next logical solution. Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!