Plex vs Mediabrowser

• Hi,

maybe the question is a bit stupid - but: What are the main differences between Plex and Mediabrowser? For me it seems to bei more or less the same. I know that there are some paid Services in Plex.

I need something, which shows me the content (Videos and pictures) of my mediafolders in a "nicer" way.

Greetings, ch

• For your purpose both are pretty good, and yes thy are quite similar. Just try them both out.
    I did choose MBS because of the Live TV integration which I need.
    The MBS integration in to Kodi is awesome at the moment (haven't tried Plex here)

• I have used Plex for a few years. MediaBrowser is good and has lots of features but in my case doesn't work 100% and is buggy.

Plex does what it does really well.

DAMONSTER - OMV 1.8 - 42TB RAID6
    XEON 1270 v3 - 16GB SAMSUNG ECC - X10SL7-F - ANTEC 1200 - HIGHPOINT 2720 - HIGHPOINT 640L - CORSAIR RM750 -

• Plex is the more mature package with more features. The only thing that mediabrowser does that plex can't is serve to Winfows Media Player. Plex is faster in many respects too (e.g. loading meta data). Depending on what country you are in Plex has live tv capabilities as well.

Link to a blog discussing Tablo:

https://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-plus-plex-equals-awesome/

PS- If your OMV is not an Arm device you can have all 3 media servers installed. That is what I do. I use plex for photos (cell phone upload), movies and tv. I use mediabrowser for music. But try them all and see what you like.

• Good morning and thanks forthe information. I have a Atom D510 as a server. Most of the Time, he's got nothing to do. Do I tested them. But MediaBrowser wasn't able go Show any picture- plex can. So I'll stay with Plex.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!