Beiträge von blublub

What has happened?

I used the repo and now just updated to 3.4.1 by downloading the den and just installing it.
    I personally find it easier to install nd less likely to have problem natively without docker

Hi

@votdev
    @subzero79

thx for the feedback. As @Blabla die I will remove my ZFS installation and re-intsall the plugin from scratch in the next days. I will let u know if that hepls.

Hi

Since I had to upgrade some stuff on my NAS I decided to go with OMV 4.x testing. The NAS is running just fine only ZFS doesn't mount after a reboot as the shared folders are created before the ZFS mount occurs
    and the ZFS refuses to mount. So each time I reboot the NAS I have to ssh in and delete the shared folders and mount the ZFS - then it is all good.

This issues has been reported on the bugtracker:

Both bug reports are marked as "solved" but foe me nothing has changed - so before I re-open the bug I wanted to ask if anyone else is having this issue or if it is just me

thx

reported: http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1827

but because OMV4 is still beta, perhaps you need to wait a lot.

please consider to use OMV 3.0 instead.

I know :) but I needed the new vdr version

I just thought it might have been a zfs issue and not omv related.

I can deal with it and my usual reboot is only once a year so I will make a system image and then upgrade omv 4 when its released

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Hi

I use OMV 4.0 because I thought it makes more sense to directly jumpt to debian 9.1 insteat of "older" v8.

So far I am not having any serious issue and I would be fine to just keep it running this way until OMV 4 is stable.

One thing I noticed however with ZFS is that after a reboot the ZFS array won't mount. When I try to mount it via "zfs mount -a" the error message is "/ZFSPool1 isn't empty" and that is true as it is filled with the folders of my ZFS array but all of them are empty. After I delete the contents via "rm -r *" I can finally mount the ZFS array an all is good.

Anyone else having this?

Hi Hoppel!

I decided to go straight up to OMV 4 since much hasn't changed yet and just use the debian VDR packages.

After I endlessly tried to change the recording directory I finally figured that the config files had changed. After that everything went smoothly.

thx for your help!

Hi!

I am facing the same issue here because I think it is about time to upgrade my OMV to v3 and Debian 8 VDR is still 2.0.3.

Does anyone have some expirience what might be the best solution from the following:

• directly upgrae OMV v3 to v4 and use the Debian VDR packages with the VDR plugin (if the plugin acutally works in OMV v4)
    • use eTobis VDR packages with OMV v3 without the VDR plugin in OMV
    • use a Docker container (anyone want to builde an AiO Docker package? - I am willing to donate 100€

I am really a bit stuck here and from searching the forum it looks like not so many people here use OMV + VDR.

best reagrds

listing the modules shows ZFS, so I guess it is working:

Ok now the output was as follows:

It looks to me like the build failed, but the ZFS plugin is there. I uncertain if its safe to plug in the ZFS drives :) !?