Various weird erros - possibly after upgrade to 1.11

• Hi, I've been happily running OMV with no problems since v0.2 I think. Anyway, a few days ago, possibly after upgrade to 1.11, I saw the following errors/odd things in the WebGUI- note that they are not in priority order, I am just writing everything I see:

1. Dashboard no longer appearing on login to WebGUI - system information showing instead. Dashboard entry is available in menu, but clicking Add button does nothing

2. Update manager showing no updates, just showing "Install updates from" with Pre-release updates and Community-maintained updates tick boxes. Ticking either or both tick boxes and saving does nothing.

3. OMV-Extras.org menu entry appears, but clicking on it does nothing

4. The two entries below Access Rights Management appear as "undefined" - clicking on the top one shows "Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/omvextrasorg/resetperms)". Clicking the bottom one shows User home directory Enable tick box and location field

5. Shellinabox menu entry is shown, but clicking on it gives error "Failed to get configuration (xpath=//services/shellinabox)

6. Nut was showing error message until a couple of days ago. Now UPS menu item is accessible and shows normal settings page (I think!) but clicking UPS tab in Services menu gives error "Failed to execute command 'upsc 'ups' 2>&1': Error: Connection failure: Connection refused"

Otherwise, everything works ok! None of these are critical, but it would be nice to clean them all up!

All help welcome. Note that I'm not very Linux-savvy but I'm not afraid of breaking things. Happy to take do anything but will benefit from instructions!

Cheers,
    Scott

• Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I should have clarified. I believe I am on 1.12. I can't update anything now (at least not through WebGUI) because nothing shows in the Update Manager except the tick box options - i.e. there are no available updates showing.

• Thanks, it's not noticeably running slow. But then the SSD only has OMV OS and Squeezebox server (or whatever it's called now). So no file transfer apart from upgrades I guess? I hardly ever reboot the system and don't fiddle with the OS drive much. System runs fine.

Any diagnostics I can run?

Any tips on migrating to a new OS drive? I see there are new backup/restore options. If I can't backup/restore to a new OS drive then I will need to rebuild the RAID array too - any tips there greatly appreciated.

• Why would you have to rebuild the raid??? A new install on a new ssd you should be able to remount the raid. Disconnect all the raid sata cables and install with just the new ssd plugged in. After install of OMV shutdown and reconnect the RAID drive cables. Then boot up and you should see the RAID and be able to mount it.

OCZ should have some software to test the SSD.

• Sorry, wrong term - I meant re-mount, not re-build. That tells you the kind of person you're dealing with here :)

Thanks for the help. Looks like a new drive and a re-install then....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!