HP NL40 fan?

• Hey,

maybe i want to buy the hp nl40.
    But i havn´t so much space in my room. Because of this i must place the server only 2 meters away from the TV.

Now my question:
    Is the HP NL40 loud?
    I want not hear it when i am watching TV.

Thanks in advance
    Sry for my worse English & Greetings Ford

Hey,
    ich überlege mir, ob ich mir den HP NL40 kaufe.
    Jedoch kann ich ihn nur 2 Meter vom Fernseher weg stellen.
    Und da ich ihn nicht hören möchte, wenn ich TV schaue (ich rufe Filme von ihm ab) möchte ich wissen, ob er laut ist.

Vielen Dank im Voraus
    Grüße Ford

• Hi,
    I have the N40L and I like it very much. I found it a little bit noisy however, so after a while I changed the main fan to:
    be quiet! BQT T12025-MR-PWM Shadow Wings 120mm.
    Only After that, I realized that the noise came rather from the power supply. I did some research and finally replaced it by:
    Fortron PC-Netzteil 150-50tnf 150W (Voelkner)
    Now my little box is quiet enogh even for my wife.
    So my suggestion is, you try the box out first and if you think its too noisy, you can do the replacements (if you feel happy disassembling the box, its a little tight in there.)

cheers, T.

• Hello,
    I have an N40L and N54L. The N54L is very quiet with the OEM fans. The N40L required both fans to be replaced. The 120mm main fan uses non-industry standard pin assignments, and also needs to spin faster than ~600 RPM to prevent BIOS from shutting down the system.

The 40mm power supply fan can be changed as a more cost effective method of reducing noise. I used this one from Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/…aspx?Item=N82E16835706027

Gary

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!