openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Harddrive changed from EXT4 to "GPT" after temperamental failure

Squidgify

Solution for picture browsing on the server?

mergerfs not distribute data evenly

ryecoaaron

apt clean error

ryecoaaron

Planning New OMV Server build - Question on Drives: Mix SSD & HDD in RAID 0?

Adoby

Recent Activities

• Squidgify -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive changed from EXT4 to "GPT" after temperamental failure.

Maybe im not explaining this correctly.. i am aware of the differences between partition file systems (such as EXT4 and NTFS) and partitioning methods (such as GPT and MBR), however this is still not the root of the problem: output of "blkid -o full":
  • sardaukar -

Posted the thread Solution for picture browsing on the server?.

Thread
    Anyone got pointers on a good solution to browse photos on your NAS? I'd love to use something Docker-based, either a dedicated gallery or a file explorer that allows browsing images, with EXIF parsing. I've tried Piwigo, Zenphoto, Filerun and a few…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) mergerfs not distribute data evenly.

Quote from gderf: “The thread subject should be changed because SnapRAID has nothing to do with it. ” Done.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) apt clean error.

Your DNS isn't set. Did you install from the OMV iso?
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Planning New OMV Server build - Question on Drives: Mix SSD & HDD in RAID 0?.

Do a price compare between 3x6TB Ironwolf and one 16TB Exos. I'm not buying any hard drives smaller than 16TB any more. 10 GbE, bcache and fscache on NVMe SSD should make amazing performance possible. But it might take some effort to get working…
  • gderf -

The thread subject should be changed because SnapRAID has nothing to do with it.
  • sgt.luk3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsync Backup und Daten zurück holen.

• Thanks Adoby, You've given me some things to think about/investigate. bcache? fscache? Looks like I'll have to do some investigating. :) I'd love to use large 16TB drives, but $$$ is a concern. Besides, I currently have only about 11TB worth of…
  • Adoby -

I assume that new files will cause the same folders to be created on more drives, as new files are added and spread. The existing folders and files should remain where they are, unless you run the mergerfs.balance script. Changing from epmfs to mfs…
  • OldHat -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disaster Recovery.

For any other OMV noob who comes across this thread in future and who wants a bullet-proof keep-it-simple-stoopid way to backup their OMV system disk: - Cloning the system disk - as recommended in this thread and elsewhere in the forum by others -…