openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hey OMV Guru's, quick question for your all.

So, I'm planning on having a few external USB drives (HDD's) to backup my central stuff on my OMV server, one external drive per one internal drive, so the external is an exact replica of the internal.

My question is this.

If I go down this route, is OMV/USB Backup using /dev/ identifiers or UUID's? Since I will be using multiple drives what I don't want to happen is two or more external drives (only one drive will be connected at any one time) to end up with the same /dev/sdx identifier and thus overwrite whatever is on disk B because it thinks it's disk A.
  • New

xteve.de/

Admittedly, Yes I am a major Linux noob, so that's probably my problem.

I 'installed'/started Xteve as root and realized this was not recommended. How can I undo what I did? I used Winscp to delete the .xteve folder it created in root. But now, when I 'reinstall' it, after I go to to provided host/port, IP:34400, it takes to me an xml looking page w/ txt and no gui.

I think I need help installing this as a 'regular' user. I created a 'dawg' account, but how would I install the xteve bin file as dawg. I tried, but says dawg doesn't have access to certain folders. I'll have to re-run it for the error msg.
  • New

Hello,
    I have a problem logging in to www.
    After entering the login and password, the following error occurs

Source Code

1. Error #0:
    2. OMV\HttpErrorException: Invalid IP address. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/session.inc:185
    3. Stack trace:
    4. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/session.inc(207): OMV\Session->validateIpAddress()
    5. #1 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(34): OMV\Session->validate()
    6. #2 {main}
    Anyone have any idea how to solve this?

My configuration:
    Raspberry Pi 4 B (4GB)
    Raspbian Buster with desktop (Release date: 2019-09-26)
    OMV is version 5.0.10-1

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Advice about microSD card

USB Backup Plugin - Preemptive Query

cabrio_leo

OMV dont recognize existing partitions on HDDs

geaves

How do I delete/uninstall a prior installation of Xteve. How to 'install' this as non-root user?

ACPI BIOS Error

gderf

Recent Activities

• steakhutzeee -

Posted the thread Advice about microSD card.

Thread
    Hello :) I have a little questions for you, hope this is the right section, what microSD card should i buy for my Odroid HC2? What size and standard? Thanks in advance!
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x USB Backup Plugin - Preemptive Query.

Quote from Sui_Generis: “If I go down this route, is OMV/USB Backup using /dev/ identifiers or UUID's? ” UUID´s Quote from Sui_Generis: “Since I will be using multiple drives what I don't want to happen is two or more external drives (only one…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Update OMV dont recognize existing partitions on HDDs.

Quote from KJaneway: “Thank you a lot. Now it works well and the UI recognizes all drives. ” So you jumped in with both feet :) :thumbup:
  • KJaneway -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Update OMV dont recognize existing partitions on HDDs.

Let me say it in this way: I am a noob who knows google youtube and man pages. I wouldn't have found the solution with your help. Thank you a lot. Now it works well and the UI recognizes all drives. EDIT: I changed the thread title to something more…
  • geaves -

Quote from KJaneway: “Thanks for the help. I found in the man pages of Wipe FS the solution to erase all signatures with ” :thumbup: Removing the offsets would surely be enough, I would do that first, but you seem to know what you're doing anyway. EDIT: I see…
  • Sui_Generis -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x USB Backup Plugin - Preemptive Query.

Thread
    Hey OMV Guru's, quick question for your all. So, I'm planning on having a few external USB drives (HDD's) to backup my central stuff on my OMV server, one external drive per one internal drive, so the external is an exact replica of the internal. My…
  • xteve.de/ Admittedly, Yes I am a major Linux noob, so that's probably my problem. I 'installed'/started Xteve as root and realized this was not recommended. How can I undo what I did? I used Winscp to delete the .xteve folder it created in root. But…
  • KJaneway -

Thanks for the help. I found in the man pages of Wipe FS the solution to erase all signatures with wipefs --all --backup /dev/sdx and after that restoring the 2 gpt and the PMBR Entry with dd if=~/wipefs-sdb-0x00000438.bak of=/dev/sdb
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread ACPI BIOS Error.

Is there a problem with OMV 5 and Plex in a docker?
  • DevLiQuiD -

Posted the thread ACPI BIOS Error.

Thread
    New to omv so i dont know what to do about this and it will not let me go any further . OMV5 works perfect but i need this for plex and so i had to install OMV4 After installing OMV4 it shows on the screen