10gig Converged Network Adapter Support

• I have been trying to search OMV for any listing of test/working 10gig CNA Cards to use with OMV. I have a brocade 1020 but doesn't seem to work on OMV. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I am looking into getting one from intel. Thanks.

• According to the firmware page for Debian, the Linux modules bna.ko and bfa.ko are loaded but they require firmware to make it work for Brocade. You can run modinfo bna and modinfo bfa to see which firmware files you will need. For example I am using the 3.16 backports kernel and I would need ct2fw-3.2.3.0.bin, ctfw-3.2.3.0.bin, and cbfw-3.2.3.0.bin. You would need to search for these files since they are not available in any package for Wheezy that I could find. You would then need to copy them to /lib/firmware and then update initramfs using update-initramfs -u -k all as root or if you have sudo access on your user account.

I have used the Intel X520-T2 before and it worked just fine.

• I'm currently trying to get the 10Gig X710 Series to work with OMV. Would be great if anyone has an idea how to get them working. The drivers from Intel are not supported on debian directly, they claim to be working on fedora/red hat though. So maybe there is a way to get them working?

• @rx2d I haven't used X710 cards from Intel but looking at ixgbe and ixgbevf there doesn't seem to be support for these cards in Debian that I could find. The current modules seem to support 82599-based adapters only.

• Correction to my previous post. Thanks to @subzero79 for pointing it out to me. The backports kernel offers support for the X710 cards. At least some of them it appears. @rx2d Do you have the backports kernel installed? If you don't you can install the omv-extras.org plugin. That should get it to work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!