Copy from One Disk to Another

• Greetings all,
    This is probably not the correct place, but I'm not sure where to post this question. I recently built my OMV on a very old Dell 400SC server box. I have 3 hard drives. I also have numerous removable hard drives. My question here, how can I copy files from one of my removable hard drives, to one of my drives in OMV.
    I know I can do it through the network via another computer but that will take days. On my Ubuntu server running Webmin, I can just copy and paste via the file manager. I'm not seeing this kind of feature. am I missing it?

thanks in advance for your help.
    I apologize if this has been asked already, I have not seen it when using the search function.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are correct. There is no file manager. I would use rsync or cp in the command line but you can also install Webmin on your OMV box.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.2

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks to both of you who responded. This makes perfect sense. I was getting ready to remove OMV because of the lack of copy abilities. But now, I think I just may be able to get to know the system. Thanks a lot!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!