Rsync and spaces in shared folder name

• Hi,
    As often with Linux, I'm facing some problems with space in folder names. I know, spaces are bad, but I would prefer not to modify my directory structure...
    I would like to make a copy between shared folders whose name contains spaces like "My music folder".
    When I try to rsync those folders, I'm getting an error since OMV apparently does not escape spaces ("My\ music\ folder") and try to reach "My" folder which obviously doesn't exist...
    Is there a trick to do it or should I report this in OMV bugtracker ?
    Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Missing details... Are you using the rsync plugin? If you are using it, are you talking about spaces in subfolders or the root folder of the shared folder selected? I have lots of rsync'ing going on with my movies that have spaces in the folder name. No problems for me.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,
    I guess I'm talking about rsync plugin, I mean OMV rsync job tasks from service panel.
    You're right, there is no problem with spaces in sub-folders, only with the root folder of the shared folders selected (source & destination).

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I would change the root folder to not have any spaces, this will need a bug report to fix. The rsync plugin does some escaping of the folder name but not for spaces it looks like.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!