Latest OMV on Raspberry Pi - Old Configs won't go away ...

• Hi - i am running for a while, quite successfully, a pi gen. 2 plus a 2.3 external 2TB HD as a soho nas.
    I removed 2 HD's but the related shares still show up in my network neighborhood. And i can't delete them in "freigegebene ordner". The relevant icon "löschen" is greyed out and not accessible.
    Same applies for printers which had been once attached via the print plugin. The print plugin is no longer installed or active but the "old" printers show up when searhing the network neighborhood.
    How can i resolve this and get finally rid of these old obsolete configurations? Thx.

• Im Idealfall löscht man erst die Freigegebenen Ordner, dann die Festplatten und steckt diese dann erst ab.

Schnellste Lösung ist, die Platten wieder anzustecken, mounten, dann wie beschrieben zu verfahren.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In setting up a back up file server for a windows files server, I ran into this as well.
    (I was testing OMV Raspberry PI configurations with a USB drive dock and swapped physical drives.)

To remove the physical drive, it's necessary to remove all links, shares, and other attributes, in the reverse order of configuration.

Under Services:
    1. If you have any Rsync jobs that reference directories on the physical drive you're trying to get rid of, delete them.

2. Go to SMB/CIFS. Click on the Shares Tab and delete samba shares that are linked to / reference the physical drive.

Under Access Rights Management:

3. Go to Shared Folders. Delete all Shares that reference the Volume / physical drive you want to delete.

Under Storage:

4. Go to File Systems. Click on the drive, unmount and/or delete it.

I don't know if you have logic volume management enabled, some form of RAID, etc. That would change things a bit. In any case, for "delete" to be unlocked, back out (reverse) all configuration operations you did on the drive, after you installed it.

BTW: We both have a similar thought process, in using a PI2 as a file server. It's a low cost, low power consumption option, and performance for a static file server is sufficient.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!