remotedesktop: mstsc crashes on copy and logout not possible

• I installed the remotedesktop plugin. And have two problems.

When I mark text in xterm, the RDP client from Windows 7 crashes (or just ends). Is there a way around?

And when I try to logout it simply doesn't log out. If I try to logout again I get the error that the session management is busy.

I already tried to upgrade xrdp to jessie-backports v0.9 but it not even starts.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can duplicate this behavior. I will try setting up xrdp in Ubuntu 16 to see if it has the same behavior.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• As v.0.9 seems to have a bug, I tried to build it from source. This version starts. But there is still a problem with X server:

Using HP Microserver G7 with OMV 3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von poncho ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I installed Ubuntu 16.04 which uses xrdp 0.6 and it didn't work - still crashed when double clicking in xterm.
    I installed xrdp 0.9 on Ubuntu 16.04. It would login but never show desktop.
    I installed Ubuntu 16.10 which uses xrdp 0.9 and it works fine.

I see xrdp 0.9 is in debian sid. Will have to try some more package combinations on jessie with that.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• OK, I got it working now. But it is absolutely not recommended :)

I built xrdp myself from git. Xrdp runs but I Xvnc or X11rdp didn't work.
    So I used this guide to build X11rdp. Xrdp is included but it also didn't work for me. So I only took x11rdp from this guide.

I installed xfce4 and other needed apps from default debian repository using APT.

Now I can use RDP to connect and so far it works somehow...

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could've just installed a different terminal emulator like Eterm or roxterm. Neither of these seem to have the problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What about the logout problem?

That has never been something I have done anyway. I just close the rdesktop client window.

• OK, I still wasn't that happy with this big compiling without managed packages. So I tried again xrdp from jessie-backports.

I now got running xrdp using xorgxrdp from jessie-backports. It didn't start because it needs IPv6 enabled. For some reason it wasn't.

So what I did from a clean stage was:

- Adding jessie-backports repo

Code
    sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6=0
    apt-get install xfce4 xfce4-terminal
    apt-get -t jessie-backports install xrdp xorgxrdp

I actually don't use the openmediavault packages as it only sets dependecies and some webgui stuff.

• Oh and a little offtopic but if someone stumbles upon it:

I use remote desktop to easily copy files from here to there and on USB drives. With the default setup you will only see the UUIDs for your file systems in the file manager. And USB drives are not mounted automatically. To enhance the usability you have to install xfce4-volman and gvfs:

Code
    apt-get install xfce4-volman gvfs

After that login via xrdp and open the file manager (Thunar):
    - go to edit -> preferences
    - check "Enable Volume Management"
    - go to "Configure"
    - check "Mount removable drives when hot-plugged"

And you'll get your drives named by its labels and USB drives get automounted. :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!