problems with ssl and Https

• Hello,

i would like to be able to enter my NAS with an ID and a PASS from the outside. I need to create an URL in https. I already have a static IP, I was able enter the nas from the outside by using FTP and Filezilla but this time i want to do it with a browser but everytime when i create a ssl certificat and enable it it puts HTTPS Error everytime

So my first question is why it puts me an error?
    the second how to enter the nas from the outside by using an URL? (I already downloaded Webdav in OMV but it needs to be more beautiful and other users can't enter in it)

By the way sorry for my english, I'm french :P .

Thanks in advance for helping me.

• Your self-signed certificate is not trustworthy, thats why your browser marks it as faulty.

Have a look at letsencrypt-plugin! These are trusted by almost all browsers.

Just to confirm:

You have an Domain/DynDNS? (you called it ID, right?)
    Static internal IP is set?
    What kind of services do you want to reach from "outside"?

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

• I don't have a domain , when i said ID i was talking about users i creat in OMV.
    The Static IP is set.
    I only would like user get acces to my nas for an external backup, each user has his own folder that only he can enter , i already used FTP and filezilla i just want the same thing ;)

• You could do it with VPN and Samba (that is how I grant access to my external users) or WebDAV with https or an cloud service such as Nextcloud.

You can use WebDAV through the provided plugin in combination with letsencrypt for a certificate.

You could also use a Nextcloud Installation. Each user gets an client and a shared folder. Nextcloud offers WebDAV as well.
    Users just need to drop their backup in an local folder and it gets synced to your NAS. Disadvantage: A copy remains on the remote users computer.

FTP is a dinosaur, you should not use this protocol any more. Instead you should use SSH/SFTP (Filezilla is capable of handling this as well)

Terry Pratchett

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

• Map port 80+443 through your router, pointing to your NAS' static IP.

Do you use a DynDNS service such as FreeDNS or comparable or is your external IP static as well?

Install WebDAV and Letsencrypt plugin.

Set webroot in WebDAV, point letsencrypt to that folder. Create a certificate using letsencrypt.

Edit: Install OMV Extras if you haven't already. WebDAV/Nginx comes through this repository.

Terry Pratchett

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!