Remote Mount File System Issues

• I can't seem to find a solution to this on the forum.

I wanted to use Remote Mount to mount a folder on my windows box, but after trying several different things I couldn't get it to work and it kept saying "connection timeout." I decided to leave it for now and use Syncthing instead, but when I went to delete the share I got this error.

Code
    Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='8f787116-ea53-41a2-bf2e-7f2b9446baca']'.

When I go into the file systems tab it throws the same error. When I ask for more details it gives me this.

I see that some people have had issues booting after similar sounding problems. Do I need to manually edit Fstab or something?

• Since this is a question that's asked a lot, the output of dpkg -l | grep openm is

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do I need to manually edit Fstab or something?

NO. You can specify all the options in the plugin. It is hard to help without seeing the settings/details about the remote mount.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just kept the defaults.

There are no defaults for the server, share name, etc. Lots of people enter these fields incorrectly.

People also have incorrect permissions on the target server which the plugin cannot fix.

There are too many details missing to help. I don't know what kind of system OMV is installed on. I don't even know what kind of share you are trying to connect to.

I use this plugin myself. I know nfs and samba are working for me. So, I doubt there is a plugin code problem.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The share is hosted on a windows 10 machine and set up to allow guest access.

There was no documentation for syntax for the share names, so I tried a whole bunch of things. I tried the server name by itself, and with preceding slashes. I tried changing the name of the share so it didn't have spaces in it. I tried logging in as a guest and as my windows user. I tried putting the share name in full (//Server/Sharename) and without, changing to all uppercase, changing to all lowercase. I couldn't find any examples of what a "correct" configuration actually looked like on line and I ran out of permutations I thought were likely.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried the server name by itself

That is what it should be. That doesn't mean your OMV server is resolving the windows name though. As for documentation, what else do you want? For the server name, it tells you exactly what should be there - FQDN, hostname, or IP address. It doesn't say anything about slashes (since that is a windows explorer thing). The sharename says use the sharename only or export path for nfs. I don't know how to describe that any clearer.

I couldn't find any examples of what a "correct" configuration actually looked like on line and I ran out of permutations I thought were likely.

Correct on my setup may not be correct on your setup. Attached are two pics of working configs. It sounds like you probably already tried these configs though. Which would tell me you need to change something on the Windows side. Is it a Win10 Pro machine?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!