openmediavault_webgui in a name-based virtual hosts configuration

• Hi ! I'm a new user of OpenMediaVault but I've already some experience with Debian.

I wish to access the administration of OMV from a virtual host based on the Nginx's server_name attribute. The graphical interface doesn't allow this to me. So I tried to manually modify /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui but it'll be restored in its original configuration by OMV.

Since I'll access OMV administration remotely, I want the administration page to match a defined subdomain and use letsencrypt to encrypt the communication. The server (a Proliant) will also host several other sites on other subdomains.

How can I manage to use VirtualHost that way persistently over time?

Thank's for your help !

• I'm not sure if I follow?

I access remotely, but I have a domain name registered with no-ip.com and use my router/modem to update the IP. I just go to https://mydomain.com:4433

I modified the OMV web to be port 8080 and 4433 and use 80 and 443 for my default nginx website. Both sites share the Lets Encrypt SSL certificate.

I generate the SSL for OMV and when I install the nginx plugin I simply drop down to the SSL I already created. I have tried the reverse method and it didn't work. I had massive errors setting up SSL for my nginx plugin and then sharing with OMV.

Since I am using a real TLD, I don't know if this will help.

OMV 3.0.90 (Erasmus) IBM/Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 - Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 v3
    8M Cache, 3.20 GHz (Quad Core). 32GB PNY Dual Channel 1600MHz DDR3 Memory. PNY CS1311 120GB SSD on OWC Accelsior S PCIe to SSD. 2, 4 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds 2, 8 Terrabyte Western Digital Reds. Intel Gigabyte LAN.

• Thanks for your answer !

I'd prefer not to change the ports but if needed it would be the right solution, sure.

I'd prefer to have a subdomain omv.mydomain.tld responding on port 443 for administration, aside of others subdomains (activity1.mydomain.tld, ...).

As long as OMV modify the Nginx file and if I cannot edit persistently the OMV's templates, my wishes could be irrelevants. So I prefer to ask before to spend many time on something that will fail.

• I can reply to myself now: it can easily done with the creation of a new copy of OpenMediaVault-WebGUI's virtual host. Then I modify this another virtualhost to fit my needs, then enable it and disable openmediavault-webgui.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!