Newbie query; Can I install OMV without internet?

• Hey guys! I'm new here and new to OMV. Just as the subject says, can I install OMV in offline mode? (no internet in our area and need to download ISO and files on a cafe) and since I'm planning to boot it into USB, can I download the flash plugin separately and install it offline too?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi there!

It is in general possible to install OpenMediaVault completely offline. Only downside is that it can neither "Load additional components" nor receive/manage updates via "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" console commands.
    But outside of that it can run WAN-offline attached in your local network.

Good luck with your new setup!

-Bandi

1x HP ProLiant N36L ( 2011 ) with 4xWesternDigital WD20EFRX bonded as RAID6 using OMV 3.0.99 64-bit.
    2x HP ProLiant Gen8 ( 2015 ) with 4x WesternDigital WD20EFRX bonded as RAID6 using OMV 3.0.99 64-bit.
    1x Fujitsu SS 4200E ( 2006 ) with 3x HITACHI HUA723020ALA640 bonded as RAID5 using OMV 3.0.99 64-bit.

All servers don't use any flash-based storage for the operating system. The OS boots off a partition on the RAID itself!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!