Samba: 500MBit, Iperf 100Mbit, ftp 800Mbit

• Hello,

I was surprised to see Samba doing only 50MB/s (Helios LAN Test). So I checked with Iperf3:

I find this really odd. Iperf should always be faster, shouldn't it?

Then I tested FTP and I get 100MByte/s, so about 800Mbit/s.

What could be the reason?

The CPU is a Pentium CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz on the OMV Machine. The client runs W10 and is a Ryzen 2600. So, both should have enough RPM...

Greetings,
    Hendrik

• Why is that?

See link at the bottom of https://forum.armbian.com/topi…ab=comments#comment-61898

In Armbian we have 'armbianmonitor -u' functionality so if you run OMV on an ARM device it's pretty easy to provide support information. On x86 there's nothing and I'm too tired to ask for individual output from dmesg, /var/log/syslog, 'ip addr' and so on...

• Is there a reason why the monitor script cannot be ported to x86?

There's nothing to port since it works there too. But the real monitoring is done in the background by a dedicated service we wrote and this would need to be maintained. In Armbian it's part of the 'distro' while on x86 there's nothing.

And I don't see the point to support x86 since all those low-end x86 OMV installations perform lower than the good ARM thingies. And at the same time x86 wastes way more energy.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!