[Docker] [MariaDB] Unable to login to database

• I followed Technodad's guide to installing Nextcloud via docker, but the step where I login to the database isn't working.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Today is the first part of a series on installing Nextcloud on Openmediavault using dockers. After this video, Nextcloud will be configured to run on your local network.

After attempting to "bash" into the database, I get the following:

root@ASUS:/sharedfolders/Latrobert/RNL3/AppData/Nextclouddb# docker exec -it Nextclouddb bash
    root@1b5091589fe6:/# mysql -uroot -p
    Warning: World-writable config file '/etc/mysql/conf.d/custom.cnf' is ignored
    Enter password:
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    root@1b5091589fe6:/#

It should be noted that I am not doing this via shellinthebox, but directly on the host machine's command line, as root.

This is what shellinthebox displays:

robert@ASUS:~$ docker exec -it Nextclouddb bash
    Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Get http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdo
    cker.sock/v1.39/containers/Nextclouddb/json: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied
    robert@ASUS:~$

• I just did a small test with the latest mariadb, can you attach a screenshot of your config in docker.

Also type in terminal also id admin and paste the result

The reason I am asking is because I think you forgot to actually add the db root password the docker container MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!