Beiträge von Virgil.A

This is the error im getting:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/Datengrab' 2>&1' with exit code '21': modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.19.50-v7l+/modules.dep.bin' modprobe: FATAL: Module fuse not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.50-v7l+ ntfs-3g-mount: fuse device is missing, try 'modprobe fuse' as root

any suggestions?

I don't use OMV this days I just switched to just using docker on a linux machine.
    What I can tell mounting NTFS on linux is a pain and should not be considered long term solution.

As for a suggestion, to me it looks like you are performing operation not with the root / admin user, try to ssh into your machine, with root user, locate the hadd under cd /srv if it is there, mount it and see if it mounts of gives you an error.

I planning to build a custom version of omv, by changing the images and icons. please some one guide me in this process. really needed on a urgent basis

Themeing and building have nothing in common, while I admire your "urgency", be my guest when you achieve something do share it with the community.

Docker -> letsencrypt for https -> duckdns for ddns -> plex for video streaming

My setup is quite robust and can be accessed via web and is secured with https, also control my rig with WOL so I can keep energy consumption low when I don't use it, and for a failsafe the server is connected to a smart socket so I can control it via phone app, and another failsafe is my home router which is also setup to a ddns so if something happens with the server I can always manage my router to diagnose.

Short answer docker my friend and install as many apps as you want

My advice to you guys is to stop using this plugin, it does not work for me either, and it happens every time I update something on the server, so I chose to go the docker way.
    Fairly simple:
    https://hub.docker.com/r/kylemanna/openvpn

open ssh terminal to your server and copy paste:

OVPN_DATA="ovpn-data-myvpn"docker volume create --name $OVPN_DATA

docker run -v $OVPN_DATA:/etc/openvpn --log-driver=none --rm kylemanna/openvpn ovpn_genconfig -u udp://DNS-SERVER.COM-OR-IP

docker run -v $OVPN_DATA:/etc/openvpn --log-driver=none --rm -it kylemanna/openvpn ovpn_initpkidocker run -v $OVPN_DATA:/etc/openvpn -d -p 1194:1194/udp --cap-add=NET_ADMIN kylemanna/openvpn

docker run -v $OVPN_DATA:/etc/openvpn --log-driver=none --rm -it kylemanna/openvpn easyrsa build-client-full CLIENTNAME nopass

- nopass if you just want to connect to your VPN server only with your *.ovpn file, or remove nopass for login with username - password

docker run -v $OVPN_DATA:/etc/openvpn --log-driver=none --rm kylemanna/openvpn ovpn_getclient CLIENTNAME > CLIENTNAME.ovpn

cat CLIENTNAME.ovpn

copy the contents of this file on your host, text editor save as CLIENTNAME.ovpn than just connect.Works like a charm.

thanks for answering so fast.

Tested the plugin and for me it works, from the error message you are getting I do not think it is openvpn server issue it looks more like you can't reach your machine at all from your client.

Is your server behind a router ? If yes than in your router you need to open port 1194 for server local IP in the network.

For me it looks like this in my router:

Hi,I am trying to apply the solution in omv 4.1.3. and the server keeps responding "waiting for server".It's still working?Thank you.

From what I remember this is no longer an issue in 4.1.3 as it was fixed and tested by multiple users.
    Can you post your config and your server.conf ?

Not sure if it's possible, but it would be useful if you can copy an existing or the default theme to create a new theme. After that, to be able to download it and to make changes to that theme and re-upload it would be great.

In the meantime, I'd like to create my own theme and then send it to you for inclusion in the plugin. How can I create my own theme? Is there some information somewhere that would help with this?

Thanks

Due to work related issues I don't have too much time to create or improve themes but I am keeping an eye on the forum.

If you want to edit or modify a theme have a look here: https://github.com/virgil-av/omv-theme/tree/master/themes

In that folder you have the source files .scss and the compiled .css

You can write your theme in css directly no need to write it in sass (you can compile sass to css here: https://www.sassmeister.com/)

The tool takes the css file it renames it to theme-custom.css and than clears the cache have a look here: https://github.com/virgil-av/o…tions/themes-functions.sh to see the full process.

If you build a theme or modify a current theme just attach it here on the forum and I will add it as soon as possible.

I can recommend the web browser extension DarkReader.
    It works perfectly fine with OMV (I personally use Filter setting, not Dynamic, for pure black) and looks amazing. And it doesn't have the risk of screwing something up in the installation process and it won't suddenly stop working because of an OMV update.

Not a bad plugin to be honest the only thing is I for one really dislike plugins that can read data.

There is no update since the release, there are a lot of things happening in my life and I don't have time to invest in more features for the time being, I will still maintain it and fix bugs.

Also if you press the update button from the plugin update page, ignore what you see in the console unless it is an error, because I am updating plugin files not the package itself.

Also I don't know german, if you have questions make sure they are translatable in english as google translate is confused too.

If I understood your question, the reason I use url for images is because it makes life simple, i take that url, download the image on the server and than apply it to the ui, there is no upload function. You can use jpg, png, gif formats.

Yes, I put it back already and the problem has been solved.

To conclude: Be careful when using "unofficial" tools.

Thank you,
    Geo

Could not agree more, use this on your own risk said it many times but, may I know what version of the tool you are using ?

Because in the latest version which is v3.0.0 released I think a month ago or more, the reason I say this is because I fixed this problem. (https://github.com/virgil-av/o…tions/themes-functions.sh)

The theme changing mechanism changed before I was backing up the file (controlpanelabstract.inc) and restoring it, as of v3 the only reason I touch this file is to restore this line back in the file $fileName = "css/theme-custom.css"; which is meant only for users that previously used the tool so I can restore their config file back to original state.

The tool is now using the theme-custom.css with omv clear cache which means no more manual clear cache or omv-firstaid

The final idea is update the tool / use the ui plugin which comes with the latest version of omv-theme

Post your VPN config, blur out the internet IP or DNS.

I have no issue with the following config:

SETTINGS:
    General settings:
    - Configure the plugin:
    - enable: true
    - port: 1194
    - use compression: true
    - PAM: true

VPN network:
    - Address: 10.8.0.0
    - MASK: 255.255.255.0
    - Gateway interface: your internet interface (mine is ens5, but the interface is in the dropdown list just select the one connected to the internet)
    - Default gateway: true

DHCP options
    everything is empty

Public:
    - Public address: your IP or if NO-IP use your domain.ddns.net

Not quite. If package A installs package B because it is a dependency in the control file, package B will be uninstall when package A is uninstalled UNLESS package B is a dependency of another package installed since package A was installed. Hope that makes sense.

You can't do this. I commented on the PR.

Noted, cancelled the PR.

I get the logic but still does not explain on a clean install of omv, removing the plugin keeps the openvpn service installed and running

I just reinstalled OMV 4.1.3 from scratch and when I enabled the OpenVPN plugin I got the following errors (in order):

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf openvpn add '1bce585a-2513-432f-b132-c46735be1f00' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Easy-RSA error: EASYRSA_PKI does not exist (perhaps you need to run init-pki)? Expected to find the EASYRSA_PKI at: /etc/openvpn/pki Run easyrsa without commands for usage and command help.

Can you specify is this a pc, mini pc, single board.
    Are you running as admin or logged as user.
    Steps to replicate this.

Either way my advice it to remove plugin than open a terminal and uninstall openvpn service with apt-get remove openvpn

And than install the plugin again, for me it looks like it probably failed to pull some dependency it needed and you got stuck in a weird error.

You can easily replace this if after uninstalled plugin delete /etc/openvpn folder.

Took me a while to understand what is going on but no it is not that.

So after thinking quite a bit on this one I realised one thing that if you install the plugin for the first time everything will be fine, and if you delete the folder /etc/openvpn it will create problems, no matter how many times you uninstall and reinstall the plugin, and the reason behind all of this is quite simple.

In the control file of the package you can see

Code
    Depends: openmediavault (>= 4.0.12),
             openvpn,

So on your first install it tells the system to install openvpn which in terms creates the /etc/openvpn folder

When you uninstall the plugin the openvpn service will still be installed on your server so when you reinstall the plugin it skips the reinstall so if you delete that folder manually or some other way than you will get the error you got.

Easy to replicate:
    - clean omv install
    - install plugin openvpn
    - uninstall plugin
    - remove /etc/openvpn
    - reinstall plugin openvpn
    - try to make and save a config
    - error thrown when you click apply "mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/etc/openvpn/pki"

Fix:
    Add apt-get remove openvpn on postrm script when you remove the plugin you also remove openvpn service.

@ryecoaaron I created a PR for this.

Hmm, interesting, I will try to see if I can replicate this, If I can I may be able to make a fix for it, no promises.

I have been thinking about this but makes no sense, by any means you should be able to access it.

I wonder if the letencrypt redirects are acting up.

From your description duckdns seems to do the job of updating the IP and redirecting to the correct place.

So why is not working I have no idea at this point.

Regarding the update just update mariadb and nextcloud does not matter the order just be sure you have backed up the database and configurations.

When you access nextcloud via local ip is it working or same behaviour