Can't see data

• Hello,

I'm new to all of this and had to reinstall my OMV due to mistake.

I also added a new drive in the process and left data on my other drives when I reinstalled OMV. When I mounted the drives with data they mounted without problems (they even saw my previous share names) but then I created an SMB share and Windows can see that the drive is almost full but it can't see the data. Please help?

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The user(s) you created probably didn't have the same user id. So, the permissions are wrong. Did you try resetting the permissions with the resetperms plugin?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I installed the plugin and under Shared Folders I clicked Reset Permissions and ran it on one of the drives in question. I then disconnected the mapped drive and reconnected and it is still empty. Did I miss a step?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hard to say. Are the files there when you look at them from the command line? ls /sharedfolders/SHAREDFOLDER_NAME

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

No. : (

Did you login as root and change SHAREDFOLDER_NAME to the sharedfolder name?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could I spin up a new computer with Ubuntu and read it from that to recover?

OMV isn't the problem. Not being able to see it via samba is not a good check. You need to look at the directories using command line or something like winscp or mc.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!