Basic: rsync from client pc directory, to, OMV shared directory

• Given the utterly basic nature of this question, I am embarrassed to ask it. Typically such a question has an answer staring me in the face, but I cannot see it. So, please simply point me to the basic info.

I am experienced in using rsync over ssh between countless hosts. My use cases are fairly narrow but I have them working 100% for years.

However, I cannot find any info on how to perform an rsync from a directory on a pc which does not have OMV installed, to, an OMV server with shares on it.

The tutorials and videos on OMV to OMV servers are great, and do provide much of the basics I expect to need. Thank-you Techno Dad!

I can simply brute force it and try a bunch of stuff, and I may just hit on success, given it must be so straightforward, but I thought I would give this forum a try. I don't even need a step by step, just the fundamentals.

Many thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Skip rsync.

Simply connect the PC to the NAS and copy the files over.

Or if the client is a Linux PC, simply run "rsync -a source destination" over SSH or a mount.

Or if the PC is a Mac or Windows PC, install grsync or some other rsync program and figure out how to use it.

http://www.opbyte.it/grsync/

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!