OMV Server goes off line

• Hi Guys

I got a OMV 4 server running on a ASUS PRIME X370-PRO M/b with a ryzen cpu I use the ethernet feature of the m/b

The server has OMV on a n-sata drive and had 10 HDD's most of the time all works fine

But sometimes the server cannot be accessed from the network any pc trying gets a server cannot be found error. powering off the server and restarting gets it working again untill the next time

All the HDD's (WD reds) are running at 40c or less, the system is in a server case with a corsair 850 ps

Any ideas as to why it plays up as it does?

Many thanks for any ideas

David

• Now I had not thought of that so many thanks to you for the idea, I can do a board swap for a Asus A88 XM Plus M/b with a AMD A6 5400k CPU
    I will give that a try, I was thinking of maybe trying the beta OMV 5 but I think you idea is better

thanks for your input

Dave

• Are you able to reach the server via SSH?
    I'm having a similar issue where I can't reach the server's services, shares, etc. But the server is reachable via SSH and the web GUI, although I can't log-in to the GUI.

Hi

I never tried SSH, but when my server went off line I could not reach the GUI it was as if the server was turned off but it was not. Having seen the post from ness1602 I have now changed the m/b, cpu, mem, system HDD (was a nvme now an ssd) so that means I now have another ethernet card (cos it is built in to the m/b) and for good mesure reloaded a new copy of OMV (ver 4) I made this change on Monday and so far all is good. I will keep you all posted as to how things go

• well 24h further on and it is still working fine

On the old Ryzen setup I had the HDD's used to show temps around 40c but on the revised system temps are down to around 32c

As someone said on this thread maybe Ryzen and OMV 4 do not play well togeather, it looks like tht may be the case

I will keep you all posted

And I nearly forgot, many many thanks to all the folk who took time to reply to this thread

Dave

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!