NUT option to shutdown platform after waiting period but not shutdown the UPS.Bug?

• Hi, I have an APC UPS with an AP9630 management card. For some time now I have been struggling with the config of the card as regardless of what I set the cards web interface the UPS (APC Smart-UPS SRT 2200) the UPS would signal a shutdown and turn off the outlet groups after 180 seconds. Yesterday I happened to notice on the UPS front panel where it said 'Outlet Group 1 shutdown via USB' where I has a 'Light-bulb' moment that it's the OMV box (HP Miscroserver) which was connected to the UPS via USB. In the NUT config there are 2 Shutdown Mode options. One is to Shutdown when 'UPS goes on Battery' the other to shutdown on low battery. The first also has a delay where it's set to 180 seconds. Whats happening is it's waiting 180 seconds and shutting down but also signaling the UPS to power off, which the UPS does ignoring all other configured setting in the AP9630 web management interface.

Firstly the AP9630 needs to have a "Ignore USB signaling' checkbox which it does not. But the OMV Nut config also needs to have an additional checkbox or drop down so that after the 180 seconds OMV shuts down without also signaling the UPS to shut down. The logic is I would like OMV to wait 180 seconds (where I assume the power outage is going to last some time) and shutdown as a non essential machine leaving more energy to run the main server for a longer period. I do not want it to signal the UPS to shutdown as well but leave it and the additional server running. The APC UPS will shut those machines down via the AP9630 and associated PCNS software).

The OMV UI needs a checkbox or additional drop down option to read 'Shutdown Server & UPS' or just ' Shutdown Server Only'.

Running OMV 4.1.32-1 / NUT Plugin 4.0.13-1

Thanks.

• The OMV UI needs a checkbox or additional drop down option to read 'Shutdown Server & UPS' or just ' Shutdown Server Only'.

In the field where you enter "driver=" and "port=" you can enter additional commands to customize the behavior of your UPS.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!