Performance Intel EXPI9301 on HP N54L

• Hello!

After seeing my Box going up to 70% (avg 45%) CPU on AFP file transfers i was looking for a solution (beside bigger cpu of course)

HP N54L
    6GB Ram

Found a lot of posts regarding this machine and possible problems with the onboard RealTek NIC. I have to say that i use another of these machines since months with f...nas without problems. Also on OMV there were no problems, network performance up to 120mb.

But ... some people said after dropping in a Intel NIC they saw some improvement of cpu performance, i did read numbers like 40% to 10% ...

The real situation is this:

HP NIC vs INTEL NIC

AFP Performance: stable on HP, spikes on INTEL (lower average too)
    CPU Performance: more or less the same, little bit more spiky too
    LOAD: average Load little bit lower on Intel NIC

OSX displays also lower average performance on AFP transfers

i attach some RRD graphs, unfortunately i have no full graph for the hp mic, but you see the difference and the spikes i mean

eth0 is hp/realtek, eth1 intel

p.s. and of course the switch shows stable 1gb connection without errors for both cards

• Ja but it was the other way round what puzzled me. The Broadcom had much better performance then that what most people said. ... or the intel much worse performance ;)

Tom

----

HP N54L, 6GB, 5disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV 5
    HP N54L, 16GB, 4disc ZFS pool, SSD Boot with other NAS system

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!