mhddfs and plex

• Hello all,

I am planning on using the the mhddfs plug-in, but I have a couple of questions for any of you that are using mhddfs. First, when you set the bind share and add branches, does the file structure of the branches show up under the new bind share? For example...

Say I have the bind share /pool/ and I have the branch share /Videos/ which has sub-directories /Movies/Kids/. Will directories under the bind share be /pool/Videos/Movies/Kids/ or /pool/Movies/Kids/?

Second, when the drive gets full and starts writing to the second disk will it retain the file structure i.e. /Videos2/Movies/Kids/etc on the second branch?

Lastly, with regards to Plex. Will Plex be happy if I point it to the bind share i.e. /pool/Videos/Movies/Kids/? Or do I need to point it to the branch /Videos/Movies/Kids and if the drive gets full and spills into the next drive, do I need to add the directory from the 2nd branch to the Plex library?

I'd just like to set it up right the first time instead of renaming shares.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

It keeps the file structure. They won't be in different directories because they are on different drives.

You shouldn't have a branch inside the pool.

Bad
    /pool/
    /pool/branch1/
    /branch2/

Good
    /pool/
    /branch1/
    /branch2/

You should be able to point Plex at /pool/. Otherwise, pointing it to each branch should work too.

I highly recommend trying all of this in a VM. Then you will see exactly how everything works.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron, you're right about the VM. But just to clarify, when I setup mhddf it's going to create the file structure

/pool/
    /Videos/Movies/Kids <- branch 1
    /Videos2/ <-Branch 2

And if I go into the /pool/ directory I'll see the sub directories
    /Videos/Movies/Kids?
    /Videos2/

is this correct?

• Offizieller Beitrag

No. The structure in /pool/ should be

/Movies/Kids

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!