New to OMV - Update Manager

• Hi,

i am new to OMV and while checking the options i have in this GUI i noticed, that there is also "Update Manager". I've downloaded 1.13 version of OMV. I am using it on a Banana-PI.

Is it recommended to perform an update of OMV with all these updates that are available, something similar we do also in Windows (we just run all updates after fresh installation of Win)?

Or should i carefully pick each update?

And also another question about plugins. There i noticed an "Antivirus" plugin. Should i install also an antivirus?!?

Thank you for a help to a newbie :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

It may seem like a lot of updates but it is updates for more than just the OS. The majority of the updates in Windows Updates are just for the OS. So, I would install all updates.

The anti-virus plugin is not really for OMV. It is to scan the files you store on the nas. If you get a lot of viruses in Windows, then install it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!