[SOLVED] hang after install

• So after playing with OMV in a VM I decided to go ahead and install it on my old 32bit WHSv1 server.
    I installed it off the CD onto what was previously the WHS system drive.
    It says it installed successfully and to remove the CD and press enter to reboot.
    I do so and it reboots and I get to the end of the post process where it says Verifying DMI pool data and then it just hangs.
    I am not a super experienced Linux admin-type so I am not sure what to try. Any ideas?

edit: i have a debian LIVE CD I made beforehand so i could test if the hardware worked which it did, which is why i felt OK installing it. I can also use this to help fix it I guess, but I'm not sure what to try exactly.

edit2: With Debian LIVE i am able to mount the drive and can see the FS and whatnot, looks OK. I looked at /var/log/dmesg but it is empty not sure what else to look at, nothing seems relevant.

• Yeah I have 4 other drives in there. You saying maybe its trying to boot off the wrong drive?
    Its the same drive WHS boot off of with no problems, not sure how that could have been switched around?

• The best thing to do in your case is to unplug the sata drives and install with just the ide plugged in. Get omv installed boot up and make sure it's booting and boot drive device is right, then connect the other drives. It sounds like omv may have installed on one of the sata drives.

• Well I checked with live CD and it definately installed on the right drive, I just cant get it to boot for some reason. I tried all the drives in the BIOS settings and none work (hdd-0,1,2,3,SCSI) other settings are just tings like LAN and USB.

• There should be a setting for the sata controller where you can choose raid. Did you make sure that raid was not selected in BIOS? It's a silicon image raid controller and you should make sure raid is not selected.

• And it works! Very strange! All my data is intact as well. Maybe the 1st install was screwy for some reason? Ah well you got me out of a jam, thanks!

^^ Was not using RAID, just JBOD. Worked fine under WHS, thats why I found it odd to not boot in OMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!