Can't access virtual machine from internet

• I have trouble connecting to my windows virtual machine from the internet. From inside my home network I can access the machine with remote desktop. The machine has its own static IP address of x.x.x.39. My OMV box has IP of x.x.x.40. What I have tried so far is to forward ports 3389 to x.x.x.39 & 9000 to x.x.x.40 through my router. It didn't work. I then added a firewall rule to OMV to forward port 3389 to x.x.x.39 and 9000 to x.x.x.40. This too did not allow me to connect to the machine. The network adapter in virtualbox is bridged. Windows VM firewall turned off. What am I doing wrong?

• What I have tried so far is to forward ports 3389 to x.x.x.39 & 9000 to x.x.x.40 through my router.

Did you check, whether port-forwarding itself works correctly?
    Install tcpdump on you omv machine and have a look whether your forwarded pakets reach the server.
    Is your def GW in the virtual machine configured correctly?

I then added a firewall rule to OMV to forward port 3389 to x.x.x.39 and 9000 to x.x.x.40.

Not neccessary.

• Does the fact that my vm has an "virtual adapter" that is actually sitting on x.x.x.40 have anything to do with the problem? I will see if I can replicate the problem on another machine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!