HP Microserver with OMV 2.0 suddenly "screaming"

• I am not too sure how to describe my problem otherwise. This morning my OMV machine (original HP microserver with original disk for system, 2x 3TB for data - Raid1, 1x 1TB for internal backup) started to "scream".

It was a high pitched noise, which my co-worker described as "there is an alarm going off".

I logged into the OMV interface to see if there is any warning about the disks or anything, but there was nothing. I then switched the server off via the web interface. When I booted again, the "screaming" was gone.

For me there are two options: one of the hard disks is going wild or the server fan.

Anything I can check regarding the disks?

• Seems like my generation (N36L) doesn't come with iLO. Seems like there was an acessory called "Remote Access Card" available back then, which seems to be like iLO.

But from I understood, GEN8 has an extra network port that is called iLO, but mine just has the normal standard port.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!