Whole folder deleted

• Quick question.
    I've added a folder to shares and realised I linked the wrong folder on an external drive. So I deleted it under shares, and the whole folder disappeared on the drive. Yikes! I had to use Recuva to get it back - lucky for me I saw the issue and unplugged the disk before the space were overwritten and got back around 180G of data.

Now my question, How do I just delete the shared folder on OMV and not the actual folder and contents on the drive as well. I honestly thought that only a the "link" will be deleted?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to read the message when deleting a shared folder. It clearly explains which option will delete files and which will only delete the shared folder. It even asks you twice if you choose the option that will delete files.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!