NAS boot always stops just before runlevel 2 switch with Control-D maintenance message

• Hi fellow OMV users,

I'm a moderately experienced Linux user and been using OMV for a few years already. I'm currently running OMV Stone burner 2.2.5 with a 3.16.0 bpo kernel. However, for a while now I've been experiencing an issue where my NAS keeps stopping during boot precisely before switching to runlevel 2. There are no errors during rcS.d script execution as far as I can see, fsck is clean, fstab is clean with only valid disk entries and I'm puzzled. I've Googled extensively to find out how when the init process would invoke the maintenance prompt, but so far not found a conclusive answer.

My var/log/boot shows this (put to the maintenance prompt):

Any tips or advice what I can do to dig in deeper to find the root cause would be very much appreciated.

Jeroen

• I don't have an answer but I was able to find that my Fstab file had a problem which I was able to correct, when I had a similar problem. If you haven't done it yet compare the results of blkid to the contents of Fstab file.

I am assuming that hitting Control - D does allow to finish booting. Are you able to find anything not working in the web-gui? This may give you a clue where to look especially if you get some kind of error message when you try to access it. If so this will give you something else to Google for a solution.

I do have to ask did it ever work properly and did you make a change of any kind just before the problem began presenting?

You probably already asked yourself this question but just in case you didn't I thought I should remind you to think along this line.

If it did work previously do you have a backup point to which you can restore?

OMV 2 |64 bit|

Your Test Results are back: You are Granted License to Own a Computer But Your Recent Score Does Not Allow For You To Connect a Mouse and Keyboard to it.
    You may study and retake the Exam ... If your score is sufficiently improved the License may be upgraded to allow for Mouse and Keyboard Connection.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!