Directory cannot be created.

• Hi all, I have a problem with my Seafile-Installation. It can't create the data-directory. I get this output, after my setup.

But I checked my created shared folder for seafile more then once. UUID is correct and the privileges are given to my seafile-user. I hope somebody can help me.

• Hello,

hopefully not too late but I had the same problem yesterday/today and unfortunately I had the same problems described here I said to me if it's working for plex user why it shouldn't work for seafile. So in Terminal (I work with Mac) I entered the following code under root:

Code
    usermod -a -G users seafile

and voila I could finish my seafile installation. Before I couldn't create any folder within my seafile folder as user 'seafile' even I set the permissions in GUI.

This should the trick even in your case.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Had the same problem like you till I remembered this thread and voila. Hours and hours of testing for nothing. Just a f***ing command solved everything.
    Good to hear that's working :thumbup:

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!