How to install a debian experimental package?

• There's a bug affecting the s3cmd package in the wheezy repository. The experimental branch has an updated version that I require.

I added:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ experimental main
    deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ experimental main

to my sources list. Ran apt-get update, then I ran

apt-get -t experimental install s3cmd

Which just says the package is at the newest version. But it's clearly not. What's going on?

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I dont recommend installing packages from other Debian releases, I definitely would not add the whole repo. Download the individual package and install it with dpkg. I picked the jessie-backports version because it is closest to the version you are using and the same version is in stretch and sid. Did you report the bug?

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.2

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• While I dont recommend installing packages from other Debian releases, I definitely would not add the whole repo. Download the individual package and install it with dpkg. I picked the jessie-backports version because it is closest to the version you are using and the same version is in stretch and sid. Did you report the bug?

Ok, removed the experimental repo. I tried to install the package you picked but this is what I get:

note: bug was reported and fixed by someone else. Just so happens the version wheezy is stuck with is the last version before the fix.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you try apt-get -f install

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.2

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• dpkg --force-all -i s3cmd_1.6.1-1~bpo8+1_all.deb did it. Had to install python-magic before with apt-install -f and then install s3cmd with force.

Thanks! Now i have SnapRAID and S3 offsite backup. Neato.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!