OMV 3.x General stability?

• I am running OMV 2.x (latest version) on a Poweredge 2900 under Proxmox, with HD passthrough for my data. So far, seems to be working pretty good, but I am having some issues with MySQL that I am wondering might be solved in the 3.x plugin.

My question is this - I can put up with some GUI instability, etc. With the setup I have, I can make a copy of the boot drive easily in Proxmox, make a change, and if the change does not work, just boot off the old drive, as it were. No big deal. My question pertains to data loss - is there any/much chance of it with OMV 3.x, and or it's Beta status more due to the GUI?

I am not going to be running RAID, but rather using the union file systems plugin. Samba, Transmission, MySQL, thinking about trying out Plex or Emby as a backend to my Kodi clients, and maybe try out a few of the plugins that are new for 3.x that 2.x does not have

Thanks for your responses.

• I use OMV 3 already for a while since I use BTRFS from my data. When I started to use it the main issue were the plugins not working with certain versions. At that time I did not use any plugin and installed software on commando line.
    This worked out for me so far and I still run this setup without any unusual behavior.
    If you feel comfortable on commando line I would consider it as save. Even when you loose access to GUI you services continue to run.
    If you do have a problem with OMV3 you might be on your own since there is no support for OMV3 on the forum....
    Just recently I have set up another machine with OMV3. So far I had no issue from the past days. Developers doing their homework well.

btw. none of the plugins you mentioned were tested by me.
    You might run some testing before you dive in...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!