Move OMV partition to HDD on Pi3

• Hi All,
    i have a pi3 and a wd pidrive (1 TB).
    I insalled an OMV 3.0.41 on 16GB sd card, then i upgraded it to 3.0.48.
    After installation 3 partition created: mmcblk0p1 for boot (32MB), mmcblk0p2 for omv (3.8GB), and an mmcblk0p3 for data (10GB).

I would like to choose one of two ways:
    1. (preferred, but not simple :) ) I want to use the sd card only for boot. i hope better performance. mmcblk0p3 will be delete (i dont want to use). Boot (mmcblk0p1) is left on the sd card. How do i partition the pidrive? I think: ~8GB sda1 for omv, ~2GB sda2 for swap, the reamaining space sda3 for data. But especially, i dont know how to move the omv (mmcblk0p2 - 3.8GB) partition to the HDD sda1 (8GB)? And I think some config change is needed too on the boot: the system partition is on the pidrive already. Is this possible with OMV 3.x?

2. Boot and omv are left on the sd card. mmcblk0p3 will be delete (i dont want to use) by the webui. But i cant inrease the omv (mmcblk0p2) partition size with the free space size by the webui.
    How to do this?

Please someone help me with advice and some step-by-step instruction. :)

Thanks a lot.

Zsolt

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 - Don't waste your time. I might speed up the web interface a tiny bit but nothing else. The RPi image uses the flashmemory plugin. So, most of the things that would slow down the web interface are running in ram.

2 - Unmount and delete the partition in OMV web interface. Put card in same machine you wrote to the card with. Boot gparted-live on that machine. Resize the partition. Done.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!