How can i keep track of my files?

• Hi everyone :)
    my setup is OMV with 7 hard drives, running greyhole to protect my pictures and music folders.
    last year i lost 2 of my drives, and lost a lot of linux distros....greyhole did it's job and doesn't look like i lost any photos or music files.

my linux distros can now be downloaded again, but i am not sure whats missing?
    so i need a software to keep track of my files, and notify me if anything missing, i also have 1000's of photos and i need to make sure they are all there.

thanks,
    Bar1

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know of anything that does that. If you are looking for something that you could do manually once in a while, you could do the following

1. find /media/* -type f > /root/list_of_files-1

at a later time, make another list:

2. find /media/* -type f > /root/list_of_files-2

To check if a file is missing:

3. for file in $(cat /root/list_of_files-1); do if ! grep -q "${file}" /root/list_of_files-2; then echo "${file} not found"; fi; done

After checking, you would have to rotate the files:

4. mv /root/list_of_files-2 /root/list_of_files-1

Then start at step 2 each time you want to check. If sure there is a better and/or faster way but this is the first thing that came to mind.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!