BUG: Creating logical volume with hyphen in name

• Using LVM, if you create a logical volume with a hyphen in the name, then that LV won't show up in the webgui. I fixed it by ssh'ing into the server and using the lvm command line tool to delete the LV, then recreating it with a new name. I didn't test it, but I imagine that you will have similarly bad results if you create a volume group with a hyphen in the name.

Sorry if this should have been reported in the plugin forum. I wasn't sure if this was a webgui or plugin problem.

Thanks.

• hypen = - character?
    - character has in unix shells a special meaning and therefore should be avoided in any names if you can.

Still the bug would be, if it is possible to enter that character in the GUI, it should work, or it should create a warning/error.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• Since Linux is new to some users (like me) it would be good to have routines that check for invalid characters when we create files/folders and so forth.

I've had this happen to me when setting up OMV, I used a backslash, and well that didn't work out like I had planned!

• I agree,

either there should be a warning, that this character is "not ideal" (even when possible) or deny it completely. Also you can create a directory with a hyphen and with a backslash, but as both char are special chars of nearly every progamming language and the unix shell, it will create difficulties and require proper masking.

I am not sure if this is a bug, but I agree, the GUI should in principle prevent usage of special chars.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!